AAUW Carlisle Branch recognizes the importance of education in helping women advance and is proud of its tradition of assisting women with this goal. Each year we are pleased to award at least one $1500 Higher Education Scholarship to a woman student from Cumberland County currently attending any institution of higher education. Past recipients have included non-traditional students, women in doctoral programs, associate degree and nursing programs as well as those in bachelor degree programs.
Below are the qualifications and application process for 2022 Higher Education Scholarships.
AAUW Higher Education Scholarship Qualifications
An applicant for the AAUW Carlisle Higher Education Scholarship will:
- Be a female resident of Cumberland County, PA for at least one year;
- Have successfully completed at least one full-time year of college, or the
equivalent college credits;
- Have demonstrated financial need;
- Be enrolled in an educational program that, upon completion, confers an
associate (or other equivalent degree, e.g. RN), bachelor or higher degree
from a regionally accredited college, university, or institute;
- Submit a completed, type-written application (see below), an official college
transcript, and a typed personal statement by January 11, 2022;
- Attend an interview in person in Carlisle or on Zoom, if COVID precautions
are required, on February 19, 2022;
- If selected as one of the scholarship recipients, agree to attend the AAUW
Carlisle Branch Scholarship Banquet on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, at 6:00
pm in Carlisle, or on Zoom if COVID precautions are required (each
recipient will give an acceptance speech outlining her educational and
career goals to AAUW members attending this event); and
- Agree to allow AAUW Carlisle Branch to use her name, picture, and/or
biographical information for publication.
There are three options for submitting your application.
- You may complete the online application form–see below. You must complete the application in one session–there is no save feature.
- You may print the 2022 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete the application; including official transcript and personal statement; and mail to:
PO Box 815
Carlisle, PA 17013
- You may print the 2022 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete the application and scan; including official transcript and personal statement; and email to: email@example.com.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.