AAUW Carlisle recognizes the importance of education in helping women advance and is proud of its tradition of assisting women with this goal. Each year we are pleased to award at least one $1500 Higher Education Scholarship to a woman student from Cumberland County currently attending any institution of higher education. Past recipients have included non-traditional students, women in doctoral programs, associate degree and nursing programs as well as those in bachelor degree programs.
Below are the qualifications and application process.
AAUW Carlisle Higher Education Scholarship
- A female resident of Cumberland County, PA for at least a year.
- Successful completion of at least one year of college.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Enrolled in an educational program that upon completion fulfills AAUW membership criteria.
- Submission of a completed application (see below), an official transcript with school seal; and personal statement by January 12, 2021.
- Attend an interview via Zoom (COVID precaution) on February 13, 2021.
- The successful applicant is required to attend the Scholarship Banquet (Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 6:00 pm in Carlisle or via Zoom if COVID precautions are required) in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship award. At this event, scholarship recipients make an acceptance speech that outlines educational and career goals to the AAUW Carlisle membership.
- Recipient agrees to allow AAUW Carlisle Branch to use her name, picture, and/or biographical information for publication.
There are three options for submitting your application.
- You may complete the online application form–see below. You must complete the application in one session–there is no save feature.
- You may print the 2021 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete application; including official transcript and personal statement; and mail to:
PO Box 815
Carlisle, PA 17013
- You may print the 2021 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete application and scan; including official transcript and personal statement; and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact email@example.com.