AAUW Carlisle Branch recognizes the importance of education in helping women advance equity and is proud of its tradition of assisting women with this goal. Past recipients have included non-traditional students, those in doctoral programs, those in associate degree and nursing programs as well as those in bachelor degree programs.
The 2018 scholarships application submission deadline has passed. The committee is interviewing the candidates to make their selection. Stay tuned.
Below is information that may be helpful to you for 2019. Mark your calendar for mid-October 2018 for the start of the application process.
Qualifications for AAUW Carlisle Branch Higher Education Scholarship
- A female resident of Cumberland County, PA for at least a year.
- Successful completion of at least one year of college.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Willing to grant permission to the branch to use her name, picture, and/or biographical information for publication.
- Enrolled in an educational program that upon completion fulfills AAUW membership criteria.
- Submission of completed application (see below), a transcript with school seal; and personal statement by January 16, 2018.
- In person interview in Carlisle in February 2018.
- Successful applicant must attend the Scholarship Banquet (Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 6:00pm in Carlisle) to receive the scholarship award and present educational and career goals to the membership.
There are three options for submitting your application.
- Below is the online application form. You must complete the application in one session–there is no save feature. OFFLINE UNTIL OCTOBER 2018
- Print the 2018 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete application; include transcript and personal statement; and mail to:
PO Box 815
Carlisle, PA 17013
- Print the 2018 Higher Education Scholarship Application; complete application and scan; include transcript and personal statement; and email to: email@example.com.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.