An aspiring entrepreneur seeking a business degree. A graduate student in a physician assistant program. A student of pharmacy. A young woman seeking a degree in early childhood education. These Cumberland County women join the long list of recipients of an AAUW Carlisle Branch Higher Education Scholarship as they were each awarded a $1500 grant in April 2016 to be used toward their continuing higher education.
Alyssa Jones, Physician Assistant, Penn State College of Medicine
Miranda Clash, Early Childhood Education, Elizabethtown College
Kelsey Dutka, Pharmacy, Duquesne University
Crystal Van, Marketing, Temple University
AAUW Carlisle Branch recognizes the importance of education in helping women advance equity and is proud of its tradition of assisting women with this goal. Past recipients have included non-traditional students, those in doctoral programs, those in associate degree and nursing programs as well as those in bachelor degree programs. The application process for 2017 scholarships begins in October 2016. Interested students are encouraged to review the criteria and complete the application for submission. The scholarship committee looks forward to reviewing the applications and meeting with candidates in March 2017.
The Carlisle Branch scholarship program the local representation of AAUW’s commitment to education. AAUW’s fellowships and grants have provided more than $100 million to more than 12,000 women and projects from 140 countries since 1888.
Learn more about AAUW 2016-17 Fellows and Grantees.
Qualifications for AAUW Carlisle Branch Higher Education Scholarship
- A female resident of Cumberland County, PA for at least a year.
- Successful completion of at least one year of college.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Willing to grant permission to the branch to use her name, picture, and/or biographical information for publication.
- Enrolled in an educational program that upon completion will make her eligible to be a member of AAUW.
- Submission of completed application (submit online below) which includes a transcript and personal statement by February 1, 2017.
- In person interviews take place in Carlisle in March 2017.
- Successful applicant(s) must attend the Scholarship Banquet (Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:00pm in Carlisle) to receive the scholarship award and present their educational and career goals to the membership.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org